Thursday 20 February 2014

Camp Takota Review + Response!

So, I just bought the movie Camp Takota.
If you don't know what Camp Takota is then you clearly don't spend enough time on YouTube.

Camp Takota is a movie put together by a bunch of YouTubers starring Hannah Hart, Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart, Chester See, Sawyer Hartman and more. It was co-written by Mamrie Hart and follows the character of Elise who gets dumped and loses her job in a terrible day and has to return to the only place that will welcome her at this point - her childhood summer camp.

Here's the trailer:




So I just watched Camp Takota tonight and I am filled with all the feels. I'm a big YouTube fan and I totally love the Holy Trinity that is Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart and Mamrie Hart. I feel a sense of pride as this is a project that was a real labour of love. It was a passion project put together by YouTubers to the best of their ability and with the resources available to them and it turned out to be a damn good movie. It's a real feel good flick that makes me lament the fact that summer camps aren't really a big thing here in England. If you like feel good movies that make your day feel just a little bit better then go to CampTakota.com to order it OR you can download it from iTunes. I'm so proud of Mamrie for writing it, starring in it and producing it. I feel she had such a large part to play in the creation of this film that it inspires me to continue with my own script work. The film was put together in such a short amount of time and with a modest budget and it just goes to show that you can make something good even without a big Hollywood budget behind it. It's cute, heartfelt and humorous though out and a really good lazy day movie. The thee leading characters, played big Hart/Hart/Helbig, were actually really great performances. I was particularly surprised to see how good Mamrie is as an actor. She's known for more comedic portrayals of characters but pulled out a lot of heart (or, should I say, Hart) for this film. I hope that this is just the beginning for the trio and that more exciting projects come in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment