Sunday 1 June 2014

Silver Linings Search: May


I've been doing this for a few months now so if you're a regular reader then you'll be familiar with this. Essentially I just note down good things that happened through the month to remind myself that good things do happen, even if they're little. It's always important to not let the good be overshadowed by the bad. It's so strange to think we're almost half way through the year. The month was quite stressful but I've tried to find silver linings amongst the stress.

So here goes, some good things from the month of May:
  • I went to Thorpe Park with my colleagues from work. We earned this day out from our superb sales over Christmas so technically it was our work day out. The company paid for everything and it was a really fun day out. I think that my favourite rides were probably Colossus and Tidal Wave. We got absolutely soaked. 
  • One morning I woke up, went downstairs and found a cat in my kitchen. It was not one of our cats. It was a cat belonging to a neighbour. Whenever I've seen this cat before it has run away. When the cat was in my house it was calm and affectionate so I got lots of cuddles and a nice surprise kitty friend. 
  • I worked a lot of hours. In fact I worked until I was sore from being up on my feet. I worked until I was tired and void of any remaining energy. That said, I earned a lot of money and boosted the company sales numbers.
  • I finally spoke to one of my managers about some of the shit that goes on at work. I don't think that the management team realised what was even going on. I was the only person to speak up and break the silence and soon, others began to follow. Everyone had been to anxious to speak up so hopefully this will bring about some positive change.
  • I landed a job interview. It's the first interview since I got my current job so I'm a little rusty. I've only really just started looking for a new job. I'll miss the perks of my current job when I leave but I really need something with better pay and more sociable hours.
  • Sorry to be crude but... I earned a lot of money this month, even after taxes. Sure, most of that money goes straight into a savings account for the future but still, I earned more than I'd estimated. That's mostly money that has been put away into my savings account for the future. That money could go towards something big one day like a mortgage down payment. I's rather exciting.
  • I won another little competition at work. First, I won a prize, a pretty notebook. Then I got to choose a forfeit for my colleagues and made them speak in bad American accents for the rest of the day. Safe to say it was hilarious. 
  • I got quite a bit of writing done on a new novel.
  • I finally dyed my roots. I'd put it off for ages and ages and man did my hair look good all blonde again.
  • My partner and I went on some nice dates. On one, we went back to this nice field/outdoor area where we used to hang out before we started dating. It's where we shared our first kiss. It was really nice and we had the opportunity to just relax in the sunshine, reading books and sunbathing. I feel like our relationship this month grew and became stronger than ever.
  • I explained the plot of the novel I'm working on to my partner. I'm usually very, very secretive about what I am writing until it's completed but I opened up, explained the plot and my partner was honestly excited and full of praise which made me feel very comfortable and excited about my project.
  • I met up with old friends to catch up and have fun in the sun.
  • Just the sun... in general. The sun makes me happier. The sun is what makes a silver lining. 
  • I got tan lines! I mean, I went to Greece last year and didn't get a tan because I was so scared of getting sun burn. One weekend in my back garden and I had strap lines on my back from my little tan glow. 
  • The little pepper plants that I potted are growing strong. I can't wait to eat something I've grown from just a seed.
  • I started writing poetry again. By 2015 I want to have a poetry book completed. I'm making good progress. 
  • I thought of a new script writing project I'd like to do in the future and took the first step towards actually achieving it. 
  • In recent competitions at work I won a whole bunch of vouchers and this month I had a lot of fun going out and spending those vouchers. I took £20 worth of vouchers this month and bought three awesome books. I liked taking home books that I didn't have to spend a penny for. I earned those books through hard work and hard sales. 

No comments:

Post a Comment