Tuesday 24 June 2014

Congratulations, soon-to-be-graduates!

Today has been lovely: all final year students at my old university got their final grades back and found out what kind of degree they were getting. Some are getting thirds, some seconds, some 2:1s and some have pulled a first. Some will graduate later this year. I'm proud of everyone at my alma mater and wish the best of luck to anyone still waiting on results. It's so strange to think that a year ago, that was me. I was receiving my results and coming home to surprise my parents with the news of my 2:1 degree. It's kind of been a rocky road from there but I have faith. In fact within six months of getting a degree in English Literature with Creative Writing I landed a publishing deal so, although I may not have landed the perfect graduate job, there's a silver lining as per usual. Life after graduation can seem confusing and frustrating but hopefully there's a silver lining for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment