Sunday 8 June 2014

Review + Response: Godzilla (2014)

This is one of the summer movies I've been rooting for ever since I saw the first trailer. I never, ever thought I'd find myself excited for a Godzilla movie. Ever. I was wrong.

The performance Bryan Cranston gave in the trailer alone sold me this movie. I love Bryan Cranston as an actor. Cranston really set the film for me. I found myself literally in tears within the first half hour of the film. Did I expect to cry over Godzilla? No, I did not.

Godzilla films in the past have varied from serious attempts to wacky, weird tales. The music and sound editing in this film were amazing. There were great effects and well sustained moments of suspense and tension. There are truly awe inspiring moments of peril and some really great effects. This was an awesome creature feature flick and I feel it's a great introduction to the Godzilla franchise for anyone who has never seen a Godzilla movie. If you've never seen a Godzills film start here, enter with little to no expectations, and don't watch any other Godzilla movie ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment