Monday 3 March 2014

Silver Linings Search: February

So, as promised, here is my "Silver Linings Search" post for the month of February.

In creating these posts I hope to remind myself that good things happen throughout the month and we must remember the little things as well as the big things. I hope to inspire you to focus on the good in your day to day life because little good things do happen be it a random act of kindness or a lucky coincidence. In focusing on them we can really push ourselves to feel happy.

So here are some good things that happened to me throughout the month of February:


  • I got to see the cover for my short story collection. I was sent several different designs and got to choose my favourite and I loved it! It was kinda like love at first sight. The designs were all good but one really stood out. I'm so excited!
  • I'd had a really rough day at work and was really stressed about a lot of things. I went home, called my partner and just cried. The next day my partner turned up at work to surprise me. The real twist? My partner lives in another part of the country but, knowing that I'd been unhappy, got on a bus at 5am to be with me because she knew I needed her. 
  • On the 9th of February I sent off all of my final notes and the final copy of the short story collection went to the printers.
  • I bought some awesome books. They all arrived in a big clump together and it was like a late Valentine's gift to myself.
  • On Valentine's Day I was surprised at work with champagne and flowers from my partner. I blushed so freaking hard. 
  • I started on a cool new project signal boosting artistic performances. I suppose you could say I'm currently a music and culture PR assistant. 
  • I feel like my bosses at work are starting to really see my potential and appreciate the extra work that I do for them. It's good to be appreciated.
  • I got to see a lot of cool free movies.
  • One of my close friends gave birth to her first child, a boy. He's just the cutest little thing <3
  • I got to spend time with my family which is always good.
  • Season 3 of Game of Thrones came out on DVD and, although I'd said I'd buy it as a birthday gift for myself, my Dad beat me to the mark and got it for me as an early birthday gift. 
  • I lost my dog which was rough. He died on the 21st of February and this isn't a silver lining. The silver lining is that, despite all his health problems, we had him with us for longer than expected. For so much of my life he's been there with me and I'm so sad that he's gone but I was lucky to share a home with the stinkiest dog the world has ever seen... or smelled. Also people sent in such nice messages about how sad they were to hear of his passing. So many people around me showed care and consideration when I was sad and it's important to be reminded of these people: bad things happen in life but there will be people there trying to make it better when shitty stuff happens. I'm so thankful for good people. 
  • I found a couple of super amazing internships. Two of them are ones that I really, really want and I am praying I get an offer for at least one of them because it would be potentially life changing. 
  • I got to spend a lot of time with my partner doing boring stuff like house cleaning and working side by side but that's my favourite thing about relationships: having someone there with you to do the boring things with you cause it makes them a little less boring. 
  • I've lost a little bit of weight - woohoo! I've not even really been doing anything to lose weight. I've just eaten within a basic calorie maintenance. 
  • I was offered another job in Suffolk. As I write this I don't think I'll be able to take it but I love when I'm called back for jobs because it means I was good enough. It was also a job that I possess a specific skill set for rather than an entry level job that just anyone could do so it's good to know that I was really hand picked for the job and I'm really sad that I can't take it at this time.
  • My books were printed. Eep!
  • The 23rd of February was my birthday! It wasn't the happiest birthday since we were still sad about the loss of Hamish but my partner, my family and I all went to a Chinese meal and we had noodles and tea and fortune cookies
  • I got an iPad. I totally swore off such technology but I'm actually coming to see that my laptop won't last forever and I need something portable so I can write and stay connected whilst on the go. Look at me, getting with the times...
So that was my silver linings search for the month of February, sorry it's a few days late. I shall continue to try and find the silver linings in life. I hope you do too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment