Monday 10 March 2014

Anne Rice confirming Prince Lestat, a new Vampire Chronicles Book.

So after my excitement in the early hours of the morning I decided to share the video here with you. Here is Anne Rice officially announcing the book on the Dinner Party Show. The rapport between her and her son is utterly adorable. Anne Rice had posted a few things on her infamous Facebook page last year during her travels around Europe so I had really thought and hoped for another VC novel. I'm so glad that Lestat is making a comeback. As soon as the book is ready for pre-order you can bet I'll be buying it.

Anne Rice even hints at the potential for more Vampire Chronicles after this book. You've no idea how happy I am about this. I wrote to Anne Rice this time last year when finishing up my university dissertation saying that I'd been writing about the psychology of vampire literature and I'd been using Interview with the Vampire as one of my main texts and really just thanked her for writing it. She wrote back and was so nice and said she was pleased I'd liked her work so much over the years. Its so nice to think that as she wrote to me another Vampire Chronicle book was in the works. Here's the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment