Sunday 28 December 2014

One Year Of Silver Linings

This past year I've been making monthly lists and posting them on this blog. The lists detail good things that happened within that month. If anything, it has really taught me the importance of seeking out goodness. It has made me a more positive person. It means I also, at the end of the year, have a really positive review of what happened in the past 12 months.

Sure, bad things happen. They stick out. You remember them. This year I lost my beloved dog, Hamish. My cat and writing sidekick, Chelsea, became unwell and had to be put down. There are plenty of crappy things that happened this year. That's why its so important to remember the good: it contrasts the bad and if you don't hone in on it, it will get overshadowed by the bad. I definitely think I'll keep doing these posts in the next year. I'd urge you to do them to whether it be on a blog or just a notebook in your home. Focus on the good and let it lead you form day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment