Tuesday 26 August 2014

Anne Rice Has Read This Blog!

So, I forgot to make a post about this (mainly because I was running about and squealing like a little girl) but it was honestly such a highlight of this year for me. I thought that I simply had to let you all know what happened. I wrote a little piece about the news of Universal acquiring film rights to the works of Anne Rice and how excited I was about it.

Anne Rice saw my post.
She shared it on her Facebook page.
Which means that Anne Rice, the Anne Rice, read my blog.
My favourite author, whose work ultimately shaped and was featured in my dissertation, has been on my blog.

One of my idols has read my blog.
She liked it.
She shared it on her personal page to her followers.
She knows my blog exists.
#FANGIRLING.


I'm going to get over this NEVER. 
I have so much love and respect for Anne Rice and her work so to know that she, even for a second, took the time to read my blog has brought me such joy. I cannot wait to read her next book and I cannot wait to see Universal adapt her books for the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment