Tuesday 30 September 2014

Silver Linings Search: September

Wow, the year is flying by like crazy. I was working so much this month that I sort of forgot to add to this blog as time went on but I have tried. This month went by in an absolute flash. Honestly, I am writing this on the 25th of September and I swear the 1st of September was only last night...
How bizarre. Because of how much I worked, I neglected the blog a little and although it was a good month, I didn't really log as much goodness as I have previously. It's entirely my fault, I guess, but it means that this post is a lot shorter than some of the previous posts. I'll make sure to focus more in October.
Oh well - here's my little list of good things that happened throughout the month.

  • A new manager took over where I work and instantly we saw positive change. He's honestly making it a better place to work and treats us like human beings.
  • I worked a lot therefore I earned a lot. Always good. I'm currently saving up for a future holiday.
  • I saw some good films. I saw some awful films too, but I made quite a few cinema trips this month.
  • I've taken on some more responsibilities at work which puts me in good standing for future promotions. That said, I'm not sure I'll still be around by the time they're hiring. We shall see...
  • I booked off some holiday time for October and will plan and book further holiday and maybe go somewhere nice.
  • I wrote. I managed to write a little bit. Sure, that's not much but it's something.
  • My partner and I went into London to see Miranda Sings. If you don't know who Miranda Sings is, she's a YouTube personality created by Colleen Ballinger. Miranda Sings is a spoiled singer with an inflamed ego and her warbling voice and foibles reduce me to tear-soaked laughter. The show was great - we even spotted Louis Cole and Alfie Deyes in the crowd!
  • My partner and I had a wonderful day out in London where we visited the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum. The Natural History Museum is, to me at least, one of the most beautiful buildings in existence. I spent a good deal of time just standing in the Hintze Hall admiring the detail in the architectural structure. It was a marvellous day.
  • I met up with an old friend for drinks and a walk in the forest. It was brief but it was good.
  • Some exciting plans were made for the future.
  • I've started some serious planning which will mean I get to travel before the end of the year
  • My partner started her new job and I'm honestly so, so proud of her. This is a really big step for us as a couple and her earnings will be saved up for our future. 
  • My partner and I took my mother out for drinks and we all had the chance to chat and bond over a bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment