Friday 2 August 2013

That's So Gay-ven.

Oh God. I already feel totally rotten about that awful title but as a pun fan I couldn't help myself.
Raven-Symoné, famous for her titular role in Disney show "That's So Raven" and films like The Cheetah Girls may have come out today via Twitter.

Earlier today the star tweeted 'I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you' which indicates that, due to movement in legislation for same sex marriage, Raven is celebrating this. Whether she is or isn't I can only wish her every happiness. I appreciated her as a performer when she graced my screen. I suppose secretly, deep down, I hope she is a member of the LGBT community. It's good to have people in the media we can support and relate to, people that represent the community positively. It takes courage to come out for anyone but it takes a particular kind of courage to do so when you're in the media spotlight. If this is Raven's coming out moment then I fully and heartily congratulate her.

No comments:

Post a Comment