Tuesday 13 August 2013

Katie Hopkins on Women and Weight

I'm not sure if Katie Hopkins is some sort of epic troll or simply in the running for the title of "worst human being of 2013" as she keeps cropping up in the news for all the wrong reasons. 

I'm a curvy woman and proud of it. I'm not totally skinny and I'm not too big. I'm a currently a dress size smaller than the UK average and I'm currently the happiest with my body and my appearance than I have ever been. I applaud any person who, with our fierce and dismissive media and their glorification of specific ideals of beauty, can rise above it to love themselves and find comfort in their own skin. We're perpetually force-fed images of women with a very specific look which often makes us feel marginalised or less than beautiful if we do not live up to such an image.

What I really dislike about Katie Hopkins is her inability to allow someone to have their own views. When the presenter states that he felt Alison Moyet looked better before her weight loss Hopkins automatically interjects and dismisses his views. Simply the way that Katie looks at people is so filled with bitterness, sarcasm and judgement that it makes for uncomfortable viewing material. I find this woman to be utterly monstrous in the way she speaks and views the world. 

What are your views after watching this interview?
Let me know in the comments section below.


p.s I absolutely adore Rachel's tentacle heart necklace.
Anyone know where I can find one?


No comments:

Post a Comment