Monday 19 August 2013

Song of the Day: The Ballad of Mona Lisa by Panic! At The Disco

Now that I've graduated I find myself reminiscing about university.
This is a song I loved in my first year of university. I loved the first Panic! At The Disco album and this seems to be the only song since that album that I've enjoyed. However, since I've shared some other uni favourites lately from Spandau Ballet to Xmal Deutschland, I suddenly remembered this one.
Of course I have a few friends that are utterly devoted to the steampunk aesthetic similar to the style of this music video. I remember being really interested in this video during the time of release because the whispers from the world of high street fashion suggested that it would cause a wave of interest in steampunk. If it were to hit the high street I certainly would have appreciated a hint of steampunk at high street prices. Alas, it didn't seem to take on too much...
That said, here's a blast from the past.
Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment