Tuesday 8 April 2014

Review + Response: The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice

I'm a big Anne Rice fan and, in the wake of the news that she's writing about her beloved vampires again, I turned to my favourite book in the series. It is the first time I've picked up an Anne Rice book since my university dissertation about homo-eroticism in vampire literature through the ages. The Vampire Armand follows Armand from boyhood into his preternatural existence as a vampire.

This is not my first time reading this book. It isn't the second either. I've read this book many times and it's one of my favourites. I adore the relationship between Armand and Marius. They're on OTP level with me. I have a real love for this book. In terms of plot, it's not the most thrilling and exciting. I like it mostly for Amadeo's youth in Venice. I love Anne Rice's writing style. This book is like literary comfort food for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment