Sunday 4 May 2014

YET ANOTHER PAY DAY BOOK HAUL

So as you all know, I appreciate books quite a bit. Over the past month and a half I've bought a few books so I thought I'd do a brief updated book haul of books I've bought from March 13th onwards. Here are some of the books I've treated myself to:


  • Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
  • Escape Kit by William Thirsk Gaskill
  • The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
  • Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
  • Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  • Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence 
  • The Heavens Rise by Christopher Rice
  • Angelfall by Susan Ee

Of the books above I've only read Escape Kit thus far. I've started on Fahrenheit 451. I gave Divergent and Allegiant to my sister and will hopefully read them once she's finished with them. I promised to buy the books for her if she did well and studied for her exams. I'm really excited to read Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu because it feels like one of those books that I simply have to read in my life. Already I'm thinking of doing a big project around this particular book. I've actually tried to cut down on the amount of books that I buy, but most of these books were under £3 so that's an expense that I can justify. I'm hoping that I'll get through most of these books by the end of the year so that I may count them as part of my 2014 reading challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment