Saturday 31 May 2014

Review + Response: Escape Kit by William Thirsk Gaskill

One of the books that I read this year for my 2014 Reading Challenge was Escape Kit by William Thirsk-Gaskill. This is such a great little novella from the publishing group that published my collection of short stories earlier this year. This is the perfect little book to read on a short journey... unless you're sitting across the way from a madman. A young boy on the way to visit his grandparents, on his first ever train ride, is held hostage by a man who believes he is a war refugee. The story is told by several different people involved in the ordeal. The book has been nominated for the Saboteur Award and it'd be great if you could pick up a copy. The Saboteur Awards are TODAY and the results will be announced any minute as I write this. My thoughts are with William - I voted for him. It'd be awesome if you could check out his debut novella.

Click the link below to get a copy for yourself:


No comments:

Post a Comment