Monday 28 October 2013

Storm.

As many of you will know there's currently a storm rolling through the UK and I seem to be in the red/high risk/warning zone. It's raining pretty heavily outside. I'm working on the blog: filling out songs of the day for the next month so I have less to do and can focus on NaNoWriMo and I'm also watching horror films for the 31 Horror Films in 31 Days Challenge. Right now I'm watching an absolute classic! Stay tuned to see which film it is.

With the storm we spent the day preparing. We secured garden furniture. got all the animals into shelter and safety, stocked up on food in case we have a power cut etc. Our home is prone to power cuts. As a result I currently have about 20 candles lit around the room. I don't want to find myself mid horror film when the electricity dies and I'm plunged into darkness. That'd be horrible!

So I'll be working through the storm fixing blog posts and doing some writing/prep. One of my cats is practically glued to my side. I think she's a little startled by the rain outside. She doesn't want to be left alone. She even followed me to the bathroom. So here I am working away through the night surrounded by little flickering flames. My work will, of course, be cut short if the storm knocks out the power. It'd mean I'm seriously knocked back in terms of finishing the 31 Horror Films in 31 Days challenge. Keep your fingers crossed for me?

If you're in an area affected by the storm I'm thinking of you and I hope you're safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment