Sunday 30 November 2014

Silver Linings Search: November

Hello lovelies!

Over the past year I've been recording all the little moments of good that happen in my month and the year is almost over! There's a real possibility that I'll continue these posts in 2015 - just as long as I remember to update. Here are the good things that happened this month:


  • I got to go to a private screening of Interstellar. It was a midnight screening on the day of the release. We all got to go in once the cinema had been locked, all in our onesies and pyjamas, and had such a crazy, awesome time. We had an 80s dance party in the run up to midnight it was brilliant.
  • I had an interview for a graduate job and was one of the final two that was considered for the position
  • I was called back for a second interview where I feel I seriously impressed the man interviewing me. Fingers crossed!
  • My partner and I took a day to just mess around and watch movies with my sister which was fun.
  • Driving through the forest with my loved ones singing along to Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
  • A show I'm in really took shape. I even whipped up a solo in half an hour, two rehearsals before the actual show went to the stage.
  • I made an attempt at NaNoWriMo. An attempt.
  • I took up a lot of extra hours last month and they paid off this month on pay day. Wow. 
  • I also got a bonus from work. I don't get it til next pay day but still, it'll be a nice little extra in my pay packet. Huzzah!
  • I was contacted and straight up offered another job. They'd selected me from my skills. I am fortunate enough to be in the position where I was able to respectfully decline as I move to savour my time for other projects. That said, it's great to be considered. 
  • One of my close friends came to visit all the way from Leeds. Although it was a quick trip it was good just to see her face and catch up quickly. 
  • My partner got a slight promotion at work which will look great on her CV and provide decent job security.
  • I've lost a bit of weight - brilliant!
  • I got to see my gorgeous partner graduate from university which was a wonderful, truly special moment.
  • My partner and I travelled up to Huddersfield for the graduation so I had just under 24 hours in the wonderful town I spent three years in. It was great! We spent time doing typical Huddersfield things from eating and drinking at our old haunts to shopping for silly items. 
  • Shopping: I bought some gorgeous things this month from faux fur boots to a new handbag.
  • I got to see many friends of mine - old and new! It was a quick trip but it was so good just to see their faces. 
  • November: the month of reduced price Halloween goodies!
  • My holiday started at the end of the month. From December 30th I have two weeks off work to get stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment