Sunday 2 November 2014

Silver Lining Search: October

Hello my little pumpkins!
So, if you frequent this blog then you'll know what the silver lining search is. If not, I shall tell you. Basically, since the start of the year, I've been collecting and recording happy memories. In writing them down I remind myself of all the good from that month. It's far too easy to focus on the bad things so in doing this I am actively searching for the silver lining in a cloud. It's an exercise in positive thinking.
Alrighty, here are my happy moments for the month:


  • I joined a gym! For the first time in my life I am a member of a gym and I immediately began using it. I'm already feeling the benefits. By this time next year I want to have a healthy heart and a slender frame. 
  • Also the people at the gym were so nice that they gave me a discount because I work in the same building. They also gave me two weeks for free because they're awesome.
  • THEN, to make things even better... My partner joined the gym with me and managed to get a discount through me which is cool. I didn't know until one day, as I was getting changed after a swim, I heard her call out my name. I was all, "How are you in here? You're not a member," and then she whipped out her membership card. Awh yeah. We're gonna swim together.
  • I started my Christmas shopping. God, am I organised or what? Some of the presents are wrapped and labelled already.
  • I bought some new Halloween pots and my mother gave me some adorable house plants to put in them. It really brightens up the room. They are so cute.
  • I had a bunch of money left over just before pay day so I figured I'd take myself out shopping. I bought myself a few bits from skirts to snoods. It was rather nice just treating myself to a few bits and really making a day of it. 
  • I've really gotten into gardening lately and the shop where I buy my seeds had a 75% off sale so I bought enough veggie and flower seeds to last me the until 2016 for just £2.50! Oh, it's the little things...
  • I bought some really nice books.
  • I got cuddles from some lovely cats. They often stop for cuddles on my way to work. One day kitty cuddles will make me late to work, I swear...
  • When some major plans folded I saw friends and a community come together to keep things running at short notice which was really nice and rather inspiring.
  • The other day I was a guest at a wonderful dinner party. Who doesn't love fine wine, good food and a spot of fun conversation? 
  • I saw a lot of great movies such as The Maze Runner and Gone Girl.
  • I helped to take care of a dog who is the same breed and similar age to the dog I had and lost earlier this year. Weirdly enough this dog even has the same name: Hamish. It was bitter-sweet but it was kinda nice, almost like closure. Also, I got plenty of puppy cuddles.
  • I started really cleaning through some of my stuff to make more room and to de-clutter my life. I can confirm that it has been rather therapeutic. 
  • I made plans for a new poetry collection.
  • I made some real progress at work and apparently such progress is being noticed.
  • I have been asked to co-write a novel with someone. Although this is something I said I'd never be able to do I am looking forward to the possibility.
  • Someone wants to turn one of my short stories into a short film and is willing to let me write the screen play. AWESOME.
  • My Dad made pumpkin curry which is officially delicious and we'll have to make it again next year.
  • Halloween. Yes, that gets a bullet point just for existing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment