Tuesday 11 November 2014

If I Get It...

Last week I was interviewed for a great job that I have all of the qualifications for. I made it through the first and second interview rounds and then I got a call. The recruiter said I impressed them, but so did one other candidate. The recruiter wanted to take the weekend to think about it and would then pick one of us and let us know this week. My nerves are shredded right now because I might get the call today. I have a 50/50 chance of getting this job. Mainly, to keep my mind off of the waiting, I've decided to write a little pro and con list of getting the job.

Pro:
  • It's a graduate job so career wise it's a real step up.
  • Better pay
  • I'd have more pride in what I do. 
  • Sociable hours/more hours
  • I'd get weekends off!
  • This is a graduate job - my degree would actually be valued
  • New start, new job, new people. 
  • Decent career progression and the chance to really branch out and do something new. 
  • I'd end the day feeling like I was somehow doing more with my life
  • The office is in such a beautiful location! Even walking up to the interview was a calming little trip


Con:

  • I won't see my current work buddies as much
  • None of the perks from my current job (except when my current work buddies hook me up <3)
  • I won't have the same amount of flexibility when it comes to taking time off.
  • I probably wouldn't be able to dye my hair blue
That's about it though. I'm trying to keep my mind off it because in the next hour or so I should find out whether or not the job is mine and I am very, very anxious right now. This job would mean a more stable schedule for me with free evenings and weekends. I'd finally have a job that I could really be proud of. When talking to friends about what I do I'd have a better response. I'm so very anxious right now. This could be a turn of the tide...

No comments:

Post a Comment