Tuesday 14 October 2014

My All Hallows Read Recommendation: Bird Box by Josh Malerman

October is upon us and it's time for All Hallows Read!
If you've never heard of All Hallows Read
Last year I recommended Carrie by Stephen King as it's a real favourite of mine as well as a horror classic.

This year I wanted to recommend Bird Box.
Now I know I've discussed this book in a previous blog post but it remains the best book I've read this year and it's therefore the perfect All Hallows Read recommendation. Now only is this my all hallows read recommendation, but it is also my favourite book of the year and with a potential film in pre-production, you're going to want to read this book.

The book follows a young woman named Malorie. She lives alone with her two children after some event that is not fully explained to us at first. She cannot step outside, at least not without a blindfold. After the event, the internet went down. The phones went dead. People were dying all over the place due to bizarre circumstances. The book hops back and forth in time to really maintain a great level of suspense. It is so masterfully written. It has been a long time since I encountered a book so enthralling - especially from the horror genre. I cannot wait to see the film and I would recommend this book to absolutely anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment