Wednesday 20 November 2013

Night Blogging: Carmina Burana.

When I was younger my favourite Disney film was The Hunchback of Notre Dame . I grew up loving opera and classical choral music (particularly Carmina Burana) but I think I liked the film so much because of the fireplace scene.

I think what all the other Disney films need is the lingering threat of eternal damnation and the desolation of the human souls of characters trying to deal with their insatiable lust.

Or something...


So having thought of The Hunchback of Notre Dame I was lead to thinking about Carmina Burana.I then decided to listen to it.At about 5am in the morning.I truly hope my neighbours were terrified as "O Fortuna" began playing on the night air...



So there I was, listening to opera in the early hours of the morning, feeling like a classy young rogue.

In Taberna Quando Sumus, (roughly translated to something along the lines of “When We’re In The Tavern), is probably the best freaking drinking song ever. Like I remember performing this opera and being so mad that the guys got to sing this and I didn't:.


Wouldn't it be kinda cool to get drunk and see who could try to make it through this songs getting the most words correct?Also this video for it is oddly hilarious.
Then...


OH GOD
I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF LISTENING TO TEMPUS EST IOCUNDUM
WE'RE INTO SOME SERIOUSLY DRAMATIC OPERA SHIT
AND THEN SPOTIFY PLAYS AN ADVERT
AND MILEY CYRUS STARTS PLAYING
JUST OUT OF NOWHERE
"I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BAAAAALL"
YES MADAM,QUITE LITERALLY.
GOODNESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment