Thursday 11 July 2013

July Favourites

Hello, lovelies!
It's a new month so here are some of the items that I'm currently thankful for or have recently purchased for myself. Most of these are items that are currently framing my holiday.


After seeing the wonderful Oona Chaplin wearing her white dress and black bowler hat ensemble at the Game of Thrones Season 3 Red Carpet Premiere I suddenly knew I wanted a bowler hat. It so effortlessly adds a little something extra to an outfit.
I managed to find one for £16 in Camden that actually accommodates for my stupidly large head.
Of course not everyone can just head over to Camden Market.
If you're looking for something similar, why not take a look over at Amazon where you can find plenty like these?

Sometimes knowing too much about something can totally spoil it.
I often find that trailers these days seem to give away so much of the plot of the movie that there's almost no point in seeing the film itself. Because of this I like to buy a book every now and then that I know absolutely nothing about.
I recently bought Far Afield by Susanna Kaysen.
I really enjoyed her memoir "Girl, Interrupted" and the later movie adaptation starring Angelina Jolie and Wynona Ryder.
I hope that I'll enjoy reading something else by her and look forward to the adventure of exploring unknown content.


I am still hopelessly addicted to all things Gatsby, including the fantastic soundtrack to the film. I love Sia. I love Gotye. I love Lana Del Rey and Florence and the Machine and Emeli Sande... It feels as if someone sat down to make this soundtrack and specifically chose contemporary pop acts that I appreciate. In fact I'm listening to it as I write this. Give it a listen, it's pretty darn great.


For some time I had looked for a portable hot drink container like this. I found this in New Look for £5.99 and it says "NERD" all over it. Perfect! I keep drinking out of it when just sitting at home...

Avon Skin So Soft is an absolute life saver when you're going somewhere with a hot climate and lots of insects.
This product, initially intended to be more of a spray on skin moisturiser, actually repels a lot of insects which means you'll survive your holiday or a general stroll outside with less or no insect bites! The insect repellent qualities were, apparently, an accident but have served my family well for many years and I shall be packing some to take on holiday with me.



I'm currently in love with Argan Oil shampoo.
I dye my hair a lot and apply heat and products to it. It's often full of chemicals after a night out. Because of this I need a shampoo that really softens my hair and gives back the love I often take away. This is where Argan Oil works really well.
I also use the thicker Argan/Argon Oil that you smoothe onto dry hair as sold in Primark. It leaves my hair pleasantly fragrant, soft and glossy. It also handles any hair knots quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment