Wednesday 21 March 2018

Wedding Planning

So I am now only a few short months away from my wedding day. Do I have a dress yet? No. No I don't. Am I concerned about that? Yes, yes I am. However I thought I'd scribble a little something to continue documenting my wedding planning process and wanted to discuss the tools I've been using to plan my wedding beyond wedding specific Whatsapp groups and Facebook pages/bridal forums. Everyone always said to me that wedding planning was going to be so stressful but thus far, I've remained stress free... 

Notebook

I've been carrying a notebook around with me everywhere which is now totally full of wedding budget planning and matrimonial note taking. If a thought about the wedding crosses my mind whilst I'm on the go, best to jot it down and not forget it. I also like to write notes in my 2018 Diary and allocate tasks to myself each week to ensure planning is on track and that we are making progress each week.

WedHappy

I've been using an app on my phone called WedHappy and so far it has been brilliant. The app takes some basic data from you starting with your wedding date and whether both parties in the marriage are wearing a suit/dress and then sets about creating tasks. It sets out basic tasks for you and spreads them out between the time you sign up and your wedding date. You can add your own tasks as well if there are any specific things you want to do for your big day. You can invite your spouse or bridal party to plan with you and everyone can access the task board. I really like that it sends you push notifications to remind you to get certain tasks done and really keeps you on track. My favourite feature is that it shows you, in percentage format, what % of your wedding is planned so with each completed task you can see/visualise how everything is falling into place.

The Knot

The Knot offers you the ability to set up your own wedding website free of charge. This allows you to create a space for FAQs for your guests, post menu choices, provide details of local hotels for your guests, share important information and guests can even use it to RSVP! It just gives people a place to visit in the run up to the big day. I've just updated mine and RSVPs are now coming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment