Saturday 12 January 2013

Resolutions: A review.




Hello Blog-ghosts!
I honestly don't think anyone reads this - but who knows? One of my blogs has over 1140 page views. Someone has to be looking. I've noticed a friend has recently gotten into blogging and I thought that I hadn't done much with my own blog here for some time and therefore resolved to start using it more often. I figure I'll write whatever thoughts and feelings come at the time. Even if no one is reading it there is something therapeutic about expressing your thoughts outside of your own mind. 
Okay, I got the idea from the first episode of Sherlock. Sure, I'm not a recovering army surgeon but blog writing could certainly be beneficial so why not try?

Anyways, just before New Years Eve 2012 into 2013 I wrote my resolutions on here and I thought that I would revisit them. 



Firstly I discussed the importance of getting down to work and since then I actually have done so. This is something that shocks me as I've always had trouble with organising myself and I can often procrastinate when the task at hand isn't one that excites me and this has proved in the past to be a dangerous habit. I've managed to get a good deal of work done as of late and I'm working towards all my goals and managing my time pretty well. My hopes are that this will be a productive year for me and that I'll graduate with some pride. 


Secondly I discussed diet. Yes, I recently converted to a pescetarian diet and I have to say that it is one of the hardest decisions to make. It takes a great deal of self restraint and normally food and self restraint aren't concepts that meet well in my brain. Going food shopping and not buying tasty things I used to love kinda sucks. That said it is far more beneficial for me to continue with my current diet as it is a sign of a healthy lifestyle. I came across the term 'seagan' the other day - like a 'vegan', but you still allow yourself fish. Since I already drink almond milk/hazelnut milk/soy milk instead of dairy milk and don't really eat eggs and so on I could almost do it BUT there is no way in hell I'm giving up chocolate. Or cheese. I am but mortal. These things are beyond me. 

There are some things I can't exactly comment on the progress of as it is not the time yet to do so. I will look for a job once I have graduated - maybe even as soon as my dissertation is submitted. Then I shall save up for my trip to New Zealand. I've wanted to visit for more than half my life - it is going to happen, fear of flying be damned. I've also not really had the time to do that much writing or work towards completing a script/novel but the other day I sat down and really worked at one. It's coming along nicely and the idea came to me one night practically fully formed and is therefore most likely going to be the first I finish and can then attempt to have published. Fingers crossed - I hope to have it done by the end of the year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment